Due to the various versions of Microsoft 2000, and the variety of add-on packages, these instructions could vary slightly from your PC. When following along with our instructions, you may encounter additional options or varients. By reading ahead in our instructions, and following the Microsoft suggestions, you should find these varients easy to overcome. If you have any questions or need of assistance, please contact our Sales or Tech Support staff at the number at the bottom of this page.
- SATEXAS Dial-Up Account
- A printout of our Configuration Settings support page
- Windows 2000 installed (And possibly the CD on-hand)
- Dial-UP Networking Installed
If you do not see the dial-up networking icons that we refer to in your My Computer group, you will need to go to the control panel, click on Add/Remove Programs and select it in Windows Setup.
I. Configure Dial-Up Networking
- Close all current running applications.
- Click on 'Start' | 'Programs' | 'Accessories' | 'Communications' | 'Network and Dialup Connections'.
- Double-click on the 'Make New Connection' icon inside.
- On the Welcome screen, select I want to set up my Internet Connection manually' select.
- Select I connect through a phone line and a modem.
- Using the Configuration SettingsSATEXAS configuration settings enter in the phone number. Verify that Use are code and dialing rules is NOT selected.
If you are in a 10-digit dialing area, leave the area code blank, and put in all 10 digits in the phone number area.
- Enter your login name and password.
- Enter SATEXAS as your connection name, and select 'Next'.
- When asked if you want to set up an Internet Mail Account, select 'No' and then select 'Next'.
- Select 'Finish'.