Because we have a multiple servers with a few variations (Business Pro & CPANEL) mail, it's important that you get the correct instructions.
- If you know your WebMail page, go there and look underneath the LOGIN/PASS entry - the server's name is displayed (The WebMail page also has links to various things for you and should be bookmarked.).
- If you are a business customer using your own domain, go to "http://mail.mydomain.com" and it will show you the name of the mail server on the WebMail page. (Substitute 'mydomain.com' for your actual domain name.)
If you receive an 'unsafe page' warning, it's to be expected because SSL security is on and using your own domain name triggers this. Select Advanced and bypass the warning and look at the login screen for the server name.
Business Pro Mail - The Links:
If your E-Mail address is @world-net.net, @myalpha1.net, @alpha1.net or the server name is "Blackbird"
- WebMail: http://www.world-net.net/webmail
- Spam Control: http://www.world-net.net/spam
- Mail Setups/FAQ: http://www.world-net.net/faq
If your E-Mail address is @satexas.com or the server name is "Rooster"
- WebMail: http://www.satexas.com/webmail
- Spam Control: http://www.satexas.com/spam
- Mail Setups/FAQ: http://www.satexas.com/faq
- Site Admin (Account Controls): http://www.satexas.com/siteadmin
If your server name is "Falcon2"
- WebMail: http://falcon2.world-net.net/webmail
- Spam Control: http://falcon2.world-net.net/spam
- Mail Setups/FAQ: http://falcon2.world-net.net/faq
- Site Admin (Account Controls): http://falcon2.world-net.net/siteadmin
If your server name is "Eagle" or "Falcon"
- You are still utilizing one of our legacy servers and have not performed our 2017 upgrade. Please contact Support to get moved to our upgraded mail system which includes an array of improvements and online-support.
CPanel Mail - The Links:
If your server name is "Redbird"
If your server name is "Dove"